Hi all,
I know a number of you are curious about your grades at this point in the quarter; however, I think you should be able to estimate pretty closely where you are at right now. Three of the four largest grades are already completed: Debate, Essay #1, and Visual Argument. Basically, if you average your debate grade (total--oral, written, and annotated bib.) and Visual argument grade (the group PowerPoint and report), that's 25% of your grade the course. Your Essay #1 grade is another 30%, so that's 55% of your final grade right there.
The remainder of your grade consists of Essay #2 (30%) and Participation (15%--includes lots of "little" things: attendance, assignments, peer/teacher review, etc.). I let you know in class on Monday (2/26) if you were missing any assignments, so that you could complete make-up work, if needed. (MAKE UP WORK IS DUE BY MONDAY, 3/5/07! See syllabus.)
On a side note, I forgot to mention this in class on Monday (2/26), but I'll try to remember to mention it next week. A few students in the day ENGL 102 class, who have also been doing projects related to global warming, have expressed interest in forming an Environmental Club on campus. Their teacher asked me to see if anyone in our class was also interested. If you are, please let me know, or e-mail Gail Pearlman @ gpearlman@yvcc.edu.
See you all Monday (3/5)! (Peer review and conference sign-ups!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment